Connected Car Evolution: What's Next?
The consumers’ world is fast becoming a connected one; from cell phones to cars all the way to refrigerators. Folks at Cisco believe there could be up to 50 billion things connected to the Internet by 2020. The world as we know it is changing, and with each year that passes every aspect of a person’s day-to-day life will be increasingly connected.
All industries will have to adapt to this emerging reality to stay relevant, and the automotive industry is no exception. Automakers, mobile network operators and content and service providers alike; every area of the industry will need to focus on this trend. Changes will need to be made in the short-term to meet a new demand for connectivity, and long-term to stay ahead of where the connected-car will go.
Driving into 2015: Our Connected Car Predictions
By Scott Frank, Vice President of Marketing, Airbiquity.
This article originally appeared on PCC Mobile Broadband.
What’s in store for the connected car in 2015? As an industry pioneer and leading provider of connected car technology and cloud-based service delivery to global automakers we believe there are a few trends that will drive the connected car market in the year to come.
Apple CarPlay POV: Were We On Target?
In March 2014 Airbiquity published a white paper on Apple’s entry into the connected car market: “Apple CarPlay: Ready for Connected Car Prime Time?” The white paper provided analysis, opinion, and predictions about what we thought automakers would become concerned about as they began to thoroughly evaluate CarPlay—Apple’s newly announced connected car infotainment solution—for integration into their connected car programs and vehicles. Now that a year has passed we think it’s a good time to judge the accuracy of our predictions.
2014 Awards: Trophy Case Additions
Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- Airbiquity was ranked number 305 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences, and clean technology companies in North America. This is the second consecutive year that Airbiquity has been included on the list, and the company improved its position to 305 in 2014 from 416 in 2013.
- “Airbiquity is at the forefront of the connected car industry and fully committed to providing the most innovative technology and cutting edge solutions for automotive manufacturers and their customers,” said Airbiquity’s CEO and President, Kamyar Moinzadeh. “Our team’s continual evolution of the Choreo™ cloud-based connected car platform is the primary reason for making Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 two years in a row.”
Connected World 100
- Airbiquity made the Connected World 100 list for the 2nd year in a row
- The prestigious Connected World magazine CW 100 annual ranking of the elite technology leaders based on their contributions to the connected devices marketplace. Rather than just listing the industry’s top 100 technology innovators, each company is being ranked on their game-changing technologies, products, services, and commitment to enable connectivity as determined by the editors of Connected World. This ranking is considered the most definitive and influential directory when it comes to looking at the shifting demands of the market.
Inc. 500/5000 Magazine
- Airbiquity was recognized by the Inc. Magazine annual list of fastest growing companies in the United States. This is the second consecutive year Airbiquity has qualified for the list with a 3-year growth rate of 91%. The list represents a comprehensive look at the most important segment of the economy—America’s independent entrepreneurs.
- “Being recognized by the Inc. 500|5000 for the second consecutive year provides validation of Airbiquity as a company and our role in the future of the connected car industry,” said Kamyar Moinzadeh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Airbiquity. “Airbiquity’s continued growth and success is a true testament to the hard work and commitment of our team to innovation, as we evolve our Choreo™ connected car services delivery platform and deploy connected car solutions for leading automotive OEMs around the world.”
Edison Universe - Innovative Services: Safety & Security
- Airbiquity was selected as a Gold 2014 Edison Awards™ winner in the “Innovative Services – Security & Safety” category for its Choreo™ cloud based connected car services platform.
- The Edison Awards are celebrating their 27th year of honoring excellence in new product and service development, marketing, design and innovation. Being recognized as an Edison Awards winner is one of the highest honors a company can receive in the name of innovation and business. The awards are named after Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931) whose inventions, new product development methods, and innovative achievements helped changed the world. The ballot of nominees for the Edison Awards was judged by a panel of more than 3,000 leading professionals from the fields of product development, design, engineering, science, marketing and education based on their rolls in the industry.
- “Airbiquity is thrilled to be a winner of this distinguished award and recognized for our technology innovation in the connected car services market,” said Scott Frank, Airbiquity Vice President of Marketing. “For more than 15 years, Airbiquity has been at the forefront of the Connected Car market and our entire team is truly gratified to receive this notable industry honor. Airbiquity’s Choreo connected car services platform provides cutting-edge driver experiences while also ensuring driver safety and security and we remain committed to bringing future in-car innovations to market.”
2014 Press Releases
Where Airbiquity Will Be In 2015
Click here for details on the below events.
- Consumer Telematics Show – January 5th in Las Vegas, NV
- Consumer Electronics Show – January 6-9th in Las Vegas, NV
- Mobile World Congress - March 2-5th in Barcelona, Spain
- SAE International World Congress & Exhibition - April 21-23rd in Detroit, MI
- TU-Automotive Detroit - June 3-4th in Novi, MI
- TU-Automotive Japan – October 15-16th in Tokyo, Japan
- TU-Automotive Munich – November 10-11th in Munich, Germany
- Frankfurt Auto Show – September 17-27th in Frankfurt, Germany
- LA Auto Show – November 20-29th in Las Angeles, California
- Connected Car Expo – November 18-19th in Las Angeles, California